In November, Listed Infrastructure recorded a positive performance. Following its very solid performance last month, when global equity markets fell sharply, the fund performed in line with the recovery of the broad equity market in November. One of the positive contributions to the portfolio was the North American pipeline operator Enbridge. The company’s share price responded positively to the publication of the quarterly report, which showed a 10% increase in EBITDA over the same period last year. Moreover, Enbridge made regulatory progress on two major pipeline projects. At the end of November, the share price of the Californian electric utility company Edison International was severely impacted by the California forest fires. The company operates in an area where the Woolsey fire has been reported. Consequently, investors expect significant infrastructure damage and compensation payments. A positive factor for Edison’s shareholders is that the company has a special forest fire insurance. Finally, Cellnex Telecom contributed positively to the performance of the portfolio. According to analysts, the Spanish telecommunication tower operator is well positioned to benefit from the growth of the mobile radio tower industry. The company continues to expand its presence in Europe and further strengthens its role as a leading telecommunications infrastructure operator.
- Press Release – 25th February 2021 February 25, 2021
- FMG Iraq Fund gained 1% in the 4th Quarter, and 3% for 2020 February 19, 2021
- FMG (EU) MENA Fund gained 7% in the 4th Quarter, and lost 7% for 2020 February 19, 2021
- FMG (EU) India Opportunity Fund gained 24% in the 4th Quarter, and 22% for 2020 February 19, 2021
- Russian Federation First Mercantile Fund was up 13% for the fourth quarter and down 24% for the year February 19, 2021